Location: Minneapolis, MN
The Human Resources team is looking for a Benefits Specialist to oversee the health & welfare and retirement benefit plans for all U.S. employees and to ensure compliance with all applicable laws. This position will also be responsible for the Corporate wellness program, partnering with vendors to review benefit plan and wellness trends and make recommendations to support current benefit plans and/or programs.
• Implement and administer qualified health, welfare and retirement plans to maximize benefit offering and monitor financial impact to organization.
• Participate in the selection of, and maintain contact with carriers, third-party administrators, trustees and brokers for all U.S. benefits to ensure positive relations and maximum utilization of available benefit resources.
• Prepare, distribute and continually update benefit communication materials on new and existing benefits to ensure employee understanding of available benefits and benefit communication is accurate and current.
• Maintain current knowledge of related legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements regarding benefit plans, including ERISA laws and changes, COBRA, ACA, ADA, HIPPA and EGTRRA to ensure ongoing compliance.
• Manage the Corporate Wellness Program; leading the Wellness Committee and recommend annual Wellness activities based on employee feedback and participation. Partner with wellness vendors to enhance the program.
• Research current benefit trends and best practices, recommend and initiate periodic changes to the U.S. benefit and wellness plans to ensure benefit plans best meet the needs of Katun and the employees.
• Update Certificates of Coverage and SPDs to ensure timely and accurate information is communicated to employees.
• Collect, analyze and summarize information and trends to provide information and reports to management, insurance carriers, vendors, benefit surveys, etc.
• Participate in continuous improvement and quality initiatives, and personal and professional development to maximize individual, departmental and organizational capacity.
• Support the administration of the corporate salary program including, but not limited to, research and analysis of market data, managerial education, position evaluation and corporate level bonus programs.
• Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to deliver consistent internal and external customer service.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• 3 to 5 years of related Human Resources experience.
• 3+ years of planning and delivery of a corporate Wellness program is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess strong knowledge of principles and practices of the human resources function including benefit administration, compensation principles, performance management, conflict resolution, FLSA and employment law.
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work with a variety of management styles.
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability attend to detail, work under pressure, and prioritize.
• Skills in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to motivate others.
• The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
• Personable, energetic, professional, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
• An independent thinker with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• CEBS, CBP or Professional in Human Resources (PHR)/SHRM-CP certifications, preferred.
Reasons you’ll want to join our best-in-class organization:
Premier leader in the office equipment industry; Truly an international company; Headquartered in Minneapolis/St. Paul area; High degree of individual accountability and recognition; Strong results-oriented culture – work hard, play hard; Competitive compensation & benefits package; Convenient, accessible office location w/ free parking; Business casual work environment; On-site exercise facility and a robust Wellness Program.
Qualified candidates should send their resume & cover letter to email@example.com
For more than 40 years, Katun has been one of the world’s leading providers of OEM-compatible imaging supplies, photoreceptors, and parts for copiers, printers, MFPs and other imaging equipment. From our humble beginnings in 1979, we pioneered and helped legitimize the imaging supplies aftermarket. Today, we serve 10,000 customers in 116 countries from our headquarters in Minneapolis and dozens of worldwide locations.