Location: Katun Taiwan Branch – Taichung, Taiwan
The Supply Chain team is looking for a Demand Planner. The role will be primarily responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources. The Demand Planner determines the best metrics to use to provide the most accurate representation of the forecast. Works with other departments to determine optimal inventory levels.
• Creates and maintains demand forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources.
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. Will lead the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
• Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
• Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
• Quantify and implement supply chain opportunities, by efficiently coordinating new sales opportunities, direct shipments and end-of-life products. Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
• Recommend, implement, and monitor, continual improvement/quality initiatives, policies, and processes to achieve quality and profitability goals.
• Serves customers by providing product, service information, taking order, shipping documents and service problems to achieve satisfaction.
• Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information to coordinate with sales team.
• Open customer accounts by recording account information in CRM.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or equivalent education
• 5+ years’ experience
• Advanced English skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical, project management skills
• In-depth experience with excel (including pivot tables and vlookup functions)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detailed orientation
• High level of problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously
Katun Corporation has been one of the world’s leading providers of OEM compatible imaging supplies, photoreceptors, and parts for copiers, printers, MFPs and other imaging equipment for more than 42 years.
From the beginnings in 1979, the client pioneered and helped legitimize the imaging supplies aftermarket. Today, it serve 10,000 customers in 116 countries from its headquarters in Minneapolis and dozens of worldwide locations.
Taiwan Branch has been established since 2019 with 45+ employees so far.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes in both Mandarin and English to firstname.lastname@example.org