Director, Global Human Resources
Location: Minneapolis, MN
The Global Human Resources Director will oversee the strategic direction of the global Human Resources team, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer. This position is responsible for managing the planning, advancement, implementation and administration of all aspects of Katun’s global Human Resources functions, including talent acquisition, onboarding and retention programs, compensation and benefits, performance management, training and development, employee relations, and international compliance. The position will serve as consult to the Executive team.
• Manage the development, refinement, implementation and /or administration of global HR policies, procedures and practices to ensure sound application and legal compliance.
• Lead the HR team members and provide direction according to the global and regional strategies and concepts ensuring a harmonized approach to all relevant HR processes, in a style that motivates, mentors and builds skills to provide an elevated level of productivity, quality and accountability across the organization.
• Design strategies for an overall recruitment, selection and placement process in support of attracting and retaining high caliber talent that achieves excellent standards for quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness.
• Monitor, assess and develop ongoing improvements to the performance measurement process to ensure the highest quality of employee performance resulting in meeting department and business objectives and ensuring individual outcomes are tied to organizational needs and that employees receive coaching and feedback on key results as needed.
• Design and recommend total reward and recognition programs that drive business results, employee engagement and organizational values while ensuring internal equity and external competitiveness, including but not limited to variable pay and commission plans.
• Ensure that compensation and benefits policies are fully understood, and practices are effective and consistent with overall company objectives.
• Plan and implement employee and management development and training programs that enhance the human capital within the organization.
• Work closely with managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities ensuring a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the organization.
• Research and stay current on domestic and international issues and ensure compliance with local regulations.
• Maintain responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
Education and Experience
• A minimum of 8-10 years of increasingly responsible experience in HR, including 3+ years in a management role.
• A minimum of 2 years of International HR experience working across diverse cultures and geographies.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
• Solid knowledge of employment law and HR best practices across the full spectrum of HR activity in an international setting.
• Requires the ability to collaborate with other members of management to drive business results.
• A proven ability to lead the global human resources organization while maintaining high quality service to employees to ensure corporate goals and objectives are met in a timely manner.
• Interpersonal skills indicative of the ability to articulate ideas, influence people, and lead a diverse staff.
• Strategic thinker who can discern human resource implications from the broad business strategy trends and develop human resource plans to achieve business results.
• Ability to translate plans into operational objectives and achieve objectives through a team.
• Ability to delegate, enact change and interface positively with all levels of management, employees, and external partners is crucial.
• Ability to travel internationally, as required.
• Ability to work at both strategic and operational levels.
To apply for this position. Please fill out the Katun Application Form.