Global Supply Planner
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Coordinate demand and supply for all products and services assigned at a global level. Validate business unit demand requirements and manage adjustments based on worldwide inventory position. Primary contact with assigned suppliers related to Supply Chain issues including but not limited to: purchase orders, forecasts, ETA dates, shipping variances, re-routing and pricing discrepancies. Team with departments such as Business Units, Marketing and New Product Development (NPD) to ensure the integrity of Katun products and services. The Global Supply Planner will assist on teams in the management and execution of core Katun business objectives such as Inventory Days on Hand (DOH) and availability / service level. This position has backorder, forecast and inventory measurements and requires working closely with suppliers and business unit demand planners to build strong partnerships and uncover opportunities that will help add value to Katun.
• Identify supply excess and/or shortages within regional warehouses and partner with business unit representation, external suppliers, or logistics providers for resolution. Global Supply provides guidance for decision making on allocating short supply inventory to regional warehouses.
• Supports efforts along with Commercial Team to partner with suppliers in participation of their planning process to prioritize production and delivery of key products to Katun regional warehouses.
• Manage the ETA process from initial order placement through delivery. Updating and communicating changes to the Business Units and Product Marketing (related to new product launches).
• Achieve corporate inventory days on hand, backorder and customer fill rate goals at the Business Unit & Global level.
• Identify and collaborate with suppliers on issues such as forecast variance, minimum order quantities, shipping schedules, expediting of product, new product availability and capacity constraints that will impact Global Supply.
• Provide analysis related to current inventory days on-hand, customer service measurements, forecasts and supply constrained items as required.
• Communicate and coordinate with Business Units to resolve customer service, forecast, and inventory related issues and expedite the flow of product and materials.
• Contribute to continuous improvement, quality initiatives, personal and professional development to maximize individual, departmental and organizational capacity.
• Participate in cross training and provide back up to support Global Supply functions and Commercial Teams as needed.
Education and Experience
• 4 Year Business Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of Supply Chain related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Detail oriented, ability to analyze significant quantity of data.
• Research skills.
• Understanding of financial, economic (supply/demand, trend) and total cost modeling.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Organization skills.
• Ability to work effectively across departments and organizations.
• Ability to think creatively.
• IFS, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Microsoft Word and Excel or similar word processing and spreadsheet software, and data warehouse software.
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
• Required: None.
• Desired: APICS Certification.
Send resumes to HR1@katun.com