Help Desk/PC Analyst
Provides helpdesk support for internal and external PC network users on multiple platforms and operating systems by taking users calls or installing and configuring software/hardware and utilities according to established standards. Troubleshoots and provides resolution for problems related to the PC’s, Printers and Internet to ensure continuous support for the business users. Assists in Maintaining/Purchasing desktop hardware and software and maintenance contracts.
· Receive, respond to, and resolve IT service requests regarding network, software, hardware, telephone, and email issues to ensure effective and efficient resolution of issues and minimal downtime for user.
· Set-up/load users and computer hardware and software to result in the effective and efficient set up of users with technology solutions that meet their business requirements.
· Perform network maintenance to ensure users have access to the system and unplanned down time on servers is at or below established levels.
· Maintain accurate records, inventories and software registrations to protect the IS assets and meet legal requirements.
· Serve as a resource and collaborate with both internal and external customers by obtaining and sharing knowledge and information and coordinating actions and decisions with other departments in order to enhance individual and customer abilities to achieve quality results.
· Participate in traveling to other sites for set-up and maintenance to ensure that all systems are kept current to help support business users.
· Participate in continual improvement and quality initiatives, and personal and professional development to maximize individual, departmental and organizational capacity.
· Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, or Associate’s Degree with equivalent experience or vocational technical degree in computer related coursework with equivalent experience.
• Three or more years experience in help desk and PC/Network environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Solid knowledge of PC hardware and software.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good customer service skills.
· Novell and Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Workstation Operating Systems, Printers, Microsoft Office/Related Software and Internet.
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
• CNA, CNE, MSCE, Windows Certification – not required
Reasons you’ll want to join our best-in-class organization:
Premier leader in the office equipment industry; Truly an international company; Headquartered in Minneapolis/St. Paul area; High degree of individual accountability and recognition; Strong results-oriented culture – work hard, play hard; Competitive compensation & benefits package; Convenient, accessible office location w/ free parking; Business casual work environment; On-site exercise facility and a robust Wellness Program.
Qualified candidates should send their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org