TEMPORARY HELP… Corporate Shipping Department
Location: Minneapolis, MN
If you are looking for a Part-Time Temporary position, please consider an opportunity in our Corporate Shipping Department on an “as needed basis”. This would be coverage for the shipping department approximately 30+ days per year and normally scheduled in advance. We will provide the training.
To accurately receive incoming shipments; properly prepare outgoing shipments, including the accurate completion of shipping documents; perform a variety of duties within the mail center, including sorting internal and incoming/outgoing mail, applying postage, completing internal copy projects; and monitoring/maintaining inventory of shipping, packaging and mailing materials and facility supplies.
- Package/palletize and process outgoing shipments in accordance with Katun’s Shipping Guide to help eliminate shipping delays, maximize efficiency and minimize costs.
- Complete and process all shipping and receiving documents (e.g., air waybills, commercial invoices, bills of lading, invoices, packing slips, etc.).
- Receive incoming shipments and promptly notify employees of a “package pickup” to ensure the timely distribution of items.
- Perform a variety of duties within the mail center including metering accurate postage, managing an adequate postage meter balance, sorting and distributing internal, incoming and outgoing mail, including weekly “skypacks,” and operating high-speed b&w and color copiers to produce high-quality copy projects in a timely manner.
- Monitor and schedule the pickup of recycling bins to aid in the payment for Katun’s recycled paper and help maintain a clean work environment.
- Create/maintain instruction materials and provide training for shipping/receiving and mail center backup personnel.
- Monitor/maintain inventory of required shipping, packaging and mailing supplies, facility/janitorial supplies and colored and 3-hole paper for HQ.
- Manage the Office Supplies Trading Post to ensure excess items are being utilized to minimize waste and help reduce operating costs.
- Editing responsibilities for the Mail Center and Maintenance sites on the Compass.
- Primary contact for fulfilling office and furniture key requests.
- Secondary contact for the Honeywell Security Management System.
- Participate in continual improvement and quality initiatives and personal and professional development to maximize individual, departmental and organizational capacity.
- Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to deliver consistent internal and external customer service.
If you are interested in this TEMPORARY opportunity, please contact our Human Resource department at Human Resource department.