Regional Sales Representative
The Regional Sales Representative generates profitable sales by effectively managing the Northwest (Washington, Oregon and Northern California) sales region via face-to-face, webinars, and telephone contact under general supervision following standard procedures; promotes new products and sell to gain a greater share of the customers’ business; prospects and establish new accounts based on anticipated customer need. Suitable candidates will live within the Northwest region of the United States (Washington, Oregon or Northern California).
• Identify and pursue C-level contacts with customers and prospects to establish and maintain long-term relationships and effectively manage customer accounts in the assigned region.
• Expand and win back market share within the assigned region by effectively communicating the best quality product and service at the best value for the customer.
• Effectively negotiate price, delivery, contracts and warranty terms within established programs, policies and procedures to generate profits and greater customer satisfaction.
• Establish customer expectations, set related objectives and set priorities based on high potential customers and products with a greater profitability for the greatest impact.
• Develop and execute account penetration strategies by utilizing account knowledge to generate long-term value for the customer to make Katun the ideal business solution and increase Katun’s profitability.
• Assist dealers, distributors and other 3rd party service providers to structure service “lift outs” or other strategic use of Katun parts and supplies bundled with service to build to long-term customer loyalty.
• Identify and pursue additional customer opportunities in new segments, e.g. Independent Service Organizations to broaden Katun’s overall business opportunities resulting in significant and incremental revenue and profit opportunities.
• Maintain consistent and accurate data on customers products purchased to assist in the forecasting process.
• Participate in continual improvement and quality initiatives, and personal and professional development to maximize individual, departmental and organizational capacity.
• Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field or equivalent preferred.
• 3-5 years of business-to-business sales experience (within the industry is preferred. copier, printer or fax consumables).
• Proven ability to sell to C-level customers.
• Participation in formal consultative sales training.
• Proven record of sustained sales achievement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Account management and portfolio planning skills.
• Strong customer relationship building.
• Consultative selling skills.
• Ability to interface with senior executives.
• Strong up/cross-selling skills.
• Ability to analyze, quantify and articulate business value to customers beyond product features and benefits.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate sales process skills including objection handling and closing techniques.
• Intermediate knowledge of xerography.
• Assertive, competitive and resilient.
• Strategic and solid business acumen.
• Results driven and money motivated.
• Confidence, credible and professional.
• Follow up and follow-through.
• Microsoft Office Suite.
• Customer relationship software.
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
• Valid driver’s license.
• Current automobile and liability insurance within stated limits.
• Minimum travel of 60% required.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks, and skills required of people in the position.
Qualified candidates should send their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org