Sr. Financial Analyst
Katun has been designated as the 2018 Most Innovative Customer of the Year by Prophix.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
The Finance team is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to the preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects such as financial and expense performance, rate of return, working capital, and investments. The position provides analysis for forward-looking financial and business-related projects and prepares forecasts and analysis of trends in sales, costs, general business conditions, and other related areas. The position also identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management as well as creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. The position may conduct special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
This position works closely with business owners, supporting them on broad array of financial affairs, including income, expenses, capital expenditures and management reports.
• Analyze current and past trends to support management in planning and driving corporate and business unit operations and profitability.
• Develop, prepare and deliver in a timely and accurate manner financial reports and to support the achievement of organizational objectives.
• Act as a true business partner by providing financial results to operational divisions along with analysis support through performance monitoring, identifying trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
• Take charge of the development and maintenance of tools used for profit analysis; provide guidance and direction in the use of financial systems and ensure the systems provide accurate, timely and value-added data.
• Develop financial models and analyses to support and drive strategic initiatives.
• Scrutinize complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management.
• Perform Ad-hoc Reporting and Analysis as well as develop reports required to manage the business and track results.
• Stay ahead of current trends and methodologies in management accounting and reporting and employ industry best practices when it comes to managing and implementing financial modeling tools.
• Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization, seek to collaborate with your peers and stakeholders to add to the collective innovative thinking that can drive new business ideas and efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience; 5+ years related Finance experience required
• Strong knowledge of accounting & finance principles and practices; including business reporting activities, financial planning, budgeting & forecasting.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to analyze mass quantities of data including use of PowerPivot in Excel.
• Preference given to candidates with experience using Prophix CPM Software and IFS ERP
• Experience in foreign exchange reporting and multi-unit global organization reporting.
• Proficient analytical skills including ability to identify data patterns.
• Strong strategic and logic thinking skills.
• Experience using OLAP cubes and Data Warehouse tools.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work with a variety of management styles.
• Ability to establish goals, structure and processes
• Knowledge of best practices in Finance/Accounting field
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
• Experience working with and presenting to senior executives.
Reasons you’ll want to join our best-in-class organization:
Premier leader in the office equipment industry; Truly an international company; Headquartered in Minneapolis/St. Paul area; High degree of individual accountability and recognition; Strong results-oriented culture – work hard, play hard; Competitive compensation & benefits package; Convenient, accessible office location w/ free parking; Business casual work environment; On-site exercise facility and a robust Wellness Program.
Qualified candidates should send their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more than 40 years, Katun has been one of the world’s leading providers of OEM-compatible imaging supplies, photoreceptors, and parts for copiers, printers, MFPs and other imaging equipment. From our humble beginnings in 1979, we pioneered and helped legitimize the imaging supplies aftermarket. Today, we serve 10,000 customers in 116 countries from our headquarters in Minneapolis and dozens of worldwide locations.