Shipping/Receiving Operator I
Location: North America Distribution Center, Davenport IA
Do you want to work with a top performer? So do we! We’re Katun Corporation, and we’re looking for a talented Senior Web Content Specialist to join our performance-proven team of professionals. For 43 years, Katun has been one of the world’s leading providers of OEM-compatible imaging supplies, photoreceptors, and parts for copiers, printers, MFPs, and other imaging equipment. From our humble beginnings in 1979, we pioneered and helped legitimize the imaging supplies aftermarket. Today, we serve 10,000 customers in 116 countries from our headquarters in Minneapolis and dozens of worldwide locations.
Purpose / Job Summary
Accurately picks/receives, assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment/storage utilizing warehouse management system. Maintains high level of customer fulfillment focus and service.
1. Retrieve and scan ordered parts from the appropriate stocking area and apply appropriate labels to ensure accurate and timely fulfillment/put-away of the order.
2. Receives, unpacks, inspects and stores incoming material and supplies. Uses shipping records to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders. (Receiving)
3. Documents damages and discrepancies for future reimbursement and reconciliation.
4. Manifest and packs customer orders for shipping utilizing established company policies and procedures to satisfy customer needs and avoid possible damage to the order during shipment. (Shipping)
5. Load packages marked for final shipment onto the appropriate trailer to ensure the timely distribution of the customer order. (Shipping)
6. Participates in continuous improvement and quality initiatives including personal and professional development to maximize individual, departmental, and organizational capacity.
7. Maintains a safe and efficient work environment to continually meet customer needs and protect the health and welfare of employees.
8. Maintains constructive relationship with employees throughout the warehouse by sharing information and knowledge in order to enhance coworker’s abilities to achieve results.
9. Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
Education and Experience
High school education or GED required
One-year warehouse experience preferred
Proven ability to achieve performance goals/expectations
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence
Good communication required
General knowledge of computers and ability to enter information
Knowledge of Katun parts required
Understanding of accounting principles in handling inventory discrepancies
Scanners, IFS, Warehouse Management System
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
HAZMAT training for shipping product
Work Environment and Physical Requirements*
Working Conditions: Warehouse
Contact Human Resources for a full description of working conditions.
Full time with benefits
Schedule: 10:30 am to 7:00 pm with 30-minute lunch, Monday-Friday
If you believe you are a good fit for this role and want to be considered as a candidate for this or future job openings, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in Katun Corporation. -Talent Acquisition Team.
*This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs’ essential functions. Katun Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts.