Shipping/Receiving Operator I
Location: Davenport, IA
- Work hours: 40 hours a week.
- Full time with benefits.
- Wage: $13.00/hour.
- Typical working hours 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Accurately picks/receives, assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment/storage utilizing warehouse management system. Maintains high level of customer fulfillment focus and service.
1. Retrieve and scan ordered parts from the appropriate stocking area and apply appropriate labels to ensure accurate and timely fulfillment/put-away of the order.
2. Receives, unpacks, inspects and stores incoming material and supplies. Uses shipping records to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders. (Receiving)
3. Documents damages and discrepancies for future reimbursement and reconciliation.
4. Manifest and packs customer orders for shipping utilizing established company policies and procedures to satisfy customer needs and avoid possible damage to the order during shipment. (Shipping)
5. Load packages marked for final shipment onto the appropriate trailer to ensure the timely distribution of the customer order. (Shipping)
6. Participates in continuous improvement and quality initiatives including personal and professional development to maximize individual, departmental, and organizational capacity.
7. Maintains a safe and efficient work environment to continually meet customer needs and protect the health and welfare of employees.
8. Maintains constructive relationship with employees throughout the warehouse by sharing information and knowledge in order to enhance coworker’s abilities to achieve results.
9. Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
Education and Experience
– High school education or GED required.
– One-year warehouse experience preferred.
– Proven ability to achieve performance goals/expectations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence
– Good communication required
– General knowledge of computers and ability to enter information
– Knowledge of Katun parts required
– Understanding of accounting principles in handling inventory discrepancies
– Scanners, IFS, Warehouse Management System.
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
– Tugger certification.
– HAZMAT training for shipping product.